Do you often lash out at people? Do you let your emotions rule your interactions with others? Do you find it difficult to see things from others’ point of view? Do you feel stuck, hopeless, and alone in your relationship? Is it difficult for you to get your needs met? You are not alone. Despite the fact that we all have to deal with other people in our daily lives, many of us have difficulties with interpersonal relationships.
Relationship and Communication Problems
We specialize in treating a variety of issues connected to relationships, dating, and communication problems. You may experience these problems in a number of different ways including fear of abandonment, failure or engulfment in relationships. You may find it difficult to manage your anger or set appropriate boundaries with others. We might decide to work on these interpersonal dynamics in individual therapy, or we may decide to include your partner, friend, or family member. We can help you strengthen your relationships in all areas of your life, through developing skills to dismantle the walls that you’ve built between yourself and others and begin making authentic and positive connections.
What are the signs?
- Trouble getting your needs met in relationships
- Difficulty feeling connected
- Types of partners that are not good for you
- Negative relationship patterns that occur repeatedly
- Struggle with expressing feelings and needs
- Difficulty setting clear boundaries
- Trouble with managing anger
- Toxic relationship dynamics
- Tendency to withdraw or disconnect
- Feelings of being trapped or ambivalent about relationships
- Chronic feelings of dissatisfaction and loneliness
We can help you:
- Identify your core beliefs and schemas in relationships
- Identify your maladaptive relationship pattern
- Make healthy boundaries and set appropriate limits in relationships
- Effectively express your needs and feelings in relationships
- Identify red flags and warning signs in romantic relationships
- Identify your own red flags and blind spots in relationships
- Monitor and track your relationship satisfaction with the individuals in your life
- Recognize intolerable behaviors and unworkable relationships in your life
- Learn skills and tools to effectively respond to toxic people in your life
- Learn effective strategies for making requests in relationships and asserting yourself
- Learn tools to help you provide consequences and rewards in relationships
- Learn negotiation skills in relationships
- Learn to recognize when and how to end relationships with toxic people
Click here to take the relationship schemas questionnaire
We're offering free and low fee therapy for a limited time to individuals who are struggling during the coronavirus pandemic who can't afford therapy.
Continuing education options. Expand your skills and facilitate even better outcomes for your patients.