Are you experiencing a sense of meaninglessness, hopelessness, and chronic emptiness in your life? Do your daily tasks and activities feel overwhelming and too draining to manage? Most people experience some of these symptoms at some point in life, but symptoms of chronic, clinical depression exceed normal sadness and grief in both duration and intensity and can interfere with your daily functioning.
If you struggle with depression, you may sleep poorly, lack motivation, and experience feelings of despair and unworthiness. You may also suffer from symptoms of anxiety, such as constant worry and rumination. But there is hope. As Albert Einstein once put it, “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” Through your depression, your mind and body are sending you a message about your dissatisfaction with life–and how you can change that. Developing curiosity about what your depression is telling you will help you identify your underlying needs and desires, which can reveal the steps you need to take to live a meaningful and vital life. Cultivating self-compassion and mindfulness will help you along this path. If you are unhappy, there must be a reason–there is something that you long for, something you yearn for that is missing. By helping you to “listen” to your depression and learn skills to cope with your depression, we can also help you find what is missing in your life, discover your true purpose, and actualize your potential.
What are the signs of depression?
- Feelings of hopelessness, sadness, and anhedonia
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Feelings of chronic emptiness and meaninglessness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Lack of motivation
- Symptoms of anxiety and constant worry
We can help you:
- Create meaning and purpose in your life
- Build healthy, satisfying relationships
- Increase behavioral activities
- Structure meaningful daily activities that promote a balanced sense of productivity and pleasure
- Relate to your thoughts and feelings with compassion and kindness
- Create an inner world that is loving and accepting of who you are
- Take actions that bring you closer to the kind of person you want to be
- Use your emotions as a guide to create the life you desire