Career and Life transitions, whether positive or negative, planned or unexpected, are usually accompanied by fear, uncertainty, doubt, anxiety, grief, or sadness. With every new door we open, we must temporarily or permanently close other doors. Although life is constantly unfolding and changing, we all still struggle to swim with the current instead of against it.
Career & Life Transitions
Every transition triggers a sense of loss of opportunities, possibilities, people, places, or roles. Life transitions inevitably bring up distress and questions about ourselves, including how we fit in to the world, what matters to us, whether we have made the right decisions, and whether we are capable of coping and handling life’s challenges.
At The Bay Area CBT Center, we can help you recognize what is within your control and what isn’t. We can help you take proactive steps in the areas that are within your control and cultivate acceptance in the areas of your life that are out of your control. We can help you let go of regret and doubt and find a sense of peace and acceptance with your current circumstances.
What are the signs?
- Feeling lost and confused about your purpose or your future
- Feeling stuck, paralyzed, or uncertain about what next steps to take in life
- Chronic feelings of boredom or a sense of meaninglessness
- Feelings of inadequacy or fear of failure
- Perfectionism or unrelenting standards and expectations
- Existential angst and isolation
- Feeling alienated and isolated from others
- Feeling inferior to others
We can help you:
- Identify your values and goals
- Clarify your priorities and what matters to you
- Set realistic expectations and goals
- Examine a variety of work options and environments
- Establish comfort and confidence in pursuing your goals
- Evaluate factors for personal success
- Clarify your goals and direction in life
- Let go of grief and regret
- Learn skills to tackle stress and anxiety
- Learn tools to prevent procrastination
- Take actions toward being productive