Work-Related Stress & Job Burnout
Do you feel irritable and frustrated with your boss and coworkers? Do you find yourself feeling too exhausted after work to have fun? Are you wondering if you have chosen the right career for yourself? Does your daily work life feel unsatisfying and meaningless? Do you spend much of your time worrying about the work you need to get done? If any of these sound familiar, you may be experiencing work-related stress and/or job burnout.
Job burnout is a result of prolonged and excessive exposure to work-related stress. Often people don’t realize that they are suffering from work-related stress until it has resulted in significant negative impact on their relationships, quality of life, and physical health. It is common for people to feel some level of stress in relation to work, but if you find yourself experiencing the symptoms listed below most of the time, it’s important that you start exploring your alternatives.
What are the signs of job burnout?
- Mental, emotional, and physical exhaustion
- Emotional reactivity
- Loss of motivation
- Feelings of apathy and hopelessness
- Chronic feelings of inadequacy and failure
- Frequent feelings of boredom and dissatisfaction
We can help you:
- Assess your employment needs
- Develop a meaningful and fulfilling career
- Identify your career goals and values
- Maintain a job you enjoy
- Learn skills to tackle stress and anxiety
- Learn tools to prevent procrastination
- Take actions toward being productive
- Explore your career aspirations and options
- Learn job seeking and interviewing skills