Fees for psychotherapy sessions are based on the usual and customary rates for psychologists in the Bay Area. Payments can be made by check, cash, or credit card. Receipts may be provided upon request.
- Fees for Individual Sessions: $150-$180 for a 50 minute session
- Fees for Couples Therapy: $165-$250 for a 60 minute session
- Fess for groups: $50-$75 for a 90 minute session
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please do so within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment. You will be charged a full fee for any missed appointments that are not cancelled at least 48 hours in advance, except in case of an emergency.
The services provided by The Bay Area CBT Center are not covered by managed care networks. Although, many PPO insurance plans do provide coverage for mental health services and many clients can able receive full or partial reimbursement depending on their insurance companies. If you are using a PPO plan that accepts out of network providers, you might be able to get reimbursed for your sessions. If you insurance plan takes out of network providers you may request monthly statements from your therapist to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. For further information, please inquire about this with your therapist or call you insurance company and ask the fowling questions.
Questions to ask your insurance provider:
- Do you accept or do you provide reimbursement for out-of-network providers?
- Does the amount paid by my insurance company depend on whether I see a professional who is “in your network or preferred provider list” or “outside the network”?
- If so, what is the difference in the amount paid or percent reimbursement for “in network” vs. “out of network” providers?
- Do I need a particular diagnosis to get coverage for treatment?
- Is there a specific list of diagnoses for which services are covered?
- What is the amount of my deductible?
- What is the number of visits that I’m covered for? Do you have any limitations regarding number of sessions that are covered for an outside network provider?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician to a mental health professional?
The California Psychological Association provides specific information and suggestions regarding options for health coverage, including information about The Affordable Care Act/Obamacare in California.
Scheduling an Appointment
Call 415-810-0372 or email info@BayAreaCBTCenter.com to schedule a 50-minute consultation session to assess whether we are a good fit. The consultation session will involve discussing your presenting concerns, as well as describing the course of treatment and approach in order to determine whether we would like to initiate working together.
- If you have a clinical emergency (e.g., you are feeling suicidal, want to hurt someone, etc.), immediately call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- For the national crisis hotline call 1(800) 273-8255
- If you live in San Francisco, you may contact the 24-hour Psychiatric Emergency Service at San Francisco General Hospital at (415) 206-8000, or the San Francisco Suicide Hotline at (415) 781-0500.
- Alameda County residents may call crisis support at 1(800) 309-2131
- The Costs of Social Media Overuse and How to Practice Moderation
- Schema-driven Relationship problems
- Schemas and Self-Distortions
- Adults Need Time-Outs Too
- Ride the Waves with Urge Surfing
- Podcast Interview with Dr. Lev
- Schemas and Relationships
- Interpersonal Schemas
- Values Are The Journey
- Welcome Anxiety
Offices45 Franklin Street
San Francisco , CA 94102 4283 Piedmont Avenue